Growing up we would go to San Felipe, Mexico and eat fish tacos. This is as close as I can get them. Definitely one of our family favorites!
Breaded fish fillets (Tilapia, Halibut, or Cod)
Corn tortillas, lightly fried
Cole Slaw mix or shredded cabbage
Lime juice, to taste
Tomatoes, chopped
White onion, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
Creamy Cilantro dressing, optional
Bake fish fillets according to package directions. (I love the panko breaded Tilapia or Cod from Costco.) Lightly fry tortillas with a little oil, on both sides, in a hot pan until pliable. (We are lucky to have a tortilla factory here in Salt Lake City where I can get fresh tortillas.) Assemble tacos the way you like them. I take a tortilla, place a fish fillet that I have halved lengthwise in the middle, squeeze on lots of lime juice, top with Cole slaw mix, tomato, onion, salt and pepper and my own version of Creamy Cilantro dressing. In Mexico they would use mayonnaise watered down a little with water to make it a dressing consistency. This is also good, I just like a little extra flavor. Enjoy!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Baja Style Fish Tacos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Can I get some of those sent to me? I sooo miss those wonderful tacos.
Post a Comment