Sunday, January 15, 2012

Candice's Mini Fruit Tarts


1/3 c. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 pkgs. Athens mini fillo shells (15 ct.)
Raspberry freezer jam
Fresh raspberries
Powdered sugar for dusting

Chill bowl and beaters in freezer for 5-10 minutes. Combine cream cheese, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and beat on high until soft peaks form. Spoon or pipe filling into fillo shells. Top with a little freezer jam and a fresh raspberry. I like to make these an hour or two in advance, chill in the fridge and then dust them with powdered sugar just before serving.
*I have also made these using blackberries with seedless blackberry jam mixed with a little raspberry freezer jam. I imagine these would also be fantastic with strawberries or any other type of fruit you like.
**The mini fillo shells are from the freezer section at my local grocery store. They are already shaped and baked, just thaw and serve. SO easy!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: